Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

NFL Play Offs and Divisional Rounds

Did you guys get to watch weekend NFL Play off games?
We have invited my school friend for lunch and he visited us on Saturday. I have been playing NFL fantasy of the Play off draws with in our community. I got two right and two wrong. I took suggestions from two of my friends who are avid NFL followers. One said NYJ and the other said CIN, so I went with CIN and they lost the game comfortably and packers lost. The best play off game during the weekend was Cardinals vs Packers. The game was even steven till the last quarter 45-45  and Cardinals went on to win during the OT.
I don't quite like the OT rule that NFL has in place for now. NFL is no soccer game to decide the winners by golden goal rule, when questioned about this some avid NFL followers have a counter argument saying that NFL is not just about Offense or Quarterback but also about defense. They have a point but if one team gets one good run and score a field goal, then there is no chance for the other team to fight back and score a touch down. I don't think it's fair to decide the winners without giving a chance to the other team and see if they can score.
My Fave Team Pats lost at home for the first time this season and had their first defeat in Play Offs @ home in 30 years. Fans may have witnessed the end of dynasty of the decade.
The games are decided for the AFC and NFC divisional rounds. Saints will play Cardinals, Vikings play Cowboys, Ravens play Colts and Jets play Chargers.